Monday, April 09, 2007

Golf Improvement Lesson From The Masters ---

Zach Johnson's two-shot victory yesterday at Augusta National was impressive indeed. It wasn't just his technical skills that kept him ahead, however. His "inner conversations" were a fine example of an inner game that is positive and supportive. He didn't talk himself out of victory with negative "I can't do it" type thoughts. He kept in focus and on track even when more experienced champions like Tiger Woods were just a breath away in their score. It was thoughts like these that kept Johnson on the positive track: "I knew if I stayed in the present, I'd do well," (i.e. he didn't distract himself with negative "what if" scenarios) and "I felt like I've been blessed and I'm good enough to take home the green jacket...that's what I was trying to tell myself the whole time..." This is the kind of positive thinking that every golfer can practice, whether you are new or experienced. You don't have to be a pro to need, or to benefit from, mental golf practices like these.

Here's to great golf!

Rick Semple
Positive Golfer
Co-Founder
TheHeartofGolf.com
http://www.TheHeartofGolf.com